Folder Security is software to password protect and lock selected folders against unwanted access. The folders can be located on your hard drive, as well as external or removable drives.
What makes Folder Security better than other utilities?
- Protect folders located on USB, external and removable drives. If the drive is connected to another PC, your folders still remain protected. Please note that Folder Security must be installed on the PC in order to unlock the folder as Folder Security is not a stand-alone application.
- Reliable protection. As opposed to the programs that hook into Windows in order to restrict access to the folders, Folder Security does not use hooks. It does not hide the folders from Windows, but protects them. Should your PC be booted in DOS or another operating system, your folders still remain protected.
- Password security. Folder Security does not store the passwords in the Windows registry or anywhere on your hard drive where malicious users can easily find them. Neither your passwords are sent to the developers of the program. Folder Security calculates a checksum of the password and then compares the checksum of the password you entered with the checksum of the password used to lock the folder. This provides stronger protection not only for your sensitive data but for your passwords as well.
- Unlimited number of folders you can protect. You can protect as many folders as you wish in the full version of Folder Security. The free trial version is limited to three folders.
- Right-click a folder to protect it. Folder Security is very convenient. You don't have to run the program in order to lock a folder. Folder Security lets you protect folders in Windows Explorer--right click a folder and select Lock with Folder Security.